Guilin becomes the 9th 72 hours visa fee city after Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shenyang, Dalian and Xian since Jan 1st, 2013.
This measure offers more convenient way to foreigners who will transit in China to visit some relevant city and it is helpful to stimulate the tourism market in China.
Visa Free Policy Questions: Are there any requirement for foreign passengers to apply for 72 hours visa free？ 1) Passengers who come from the 51 countries under this policy
2) Foreign citizens who hold valid international travel document and the confirmed international connecting air tickets with a stopover in the mentioned 9 cities, then flying to the 3rd country within 72 hours. ( For example, you will fly from Italy to Singapore, but have a stopover in Shanghai within 72 hours) Passengers from which countries can apply for visa free 1) 24 European Schengen States--- Austria, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Holland, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
2) 13 other European countries--- Russia, UK, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina,Montenegro,Macedonia, Albania
3) 6 American counties--- United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile
4) 6 Asian countries--- South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, UAE, Qatar
5) Australia and New Zealand
How can a foreign passenger apply for 72 hours transit visa free Those passengers from the countries under 72 hours visa free policy and also meet the requirement of this policy could request assistance from the airlines that carry you to the certain city in China. Then the airline staff will report your application to the immigration office. After verification, you will be permitted a temporary entry with visa free.
If I have bought round way international air tickets, can I apply for 72 hours visa free stay in any of the 9 cities? No. You cannot meet the requirements. Only those passenger who have already bought connecting international air tickets from A country to C country, but have a stopover at China (B country). If I have already got 72 hours visa free transit in Guilin, can I travel from Guilin to Shanghai within 72 hours? No, you are allowed to go outside of Guangxi administrative precincts, which Guilin belong to, if you get the visa free transit in Guilin. Besides you could only depart from Guilin airport when you finish the tour in Guilin within 72 hours. Check some visa free tours in Guilin: One day private Guilin tours One day group Guilin tours